Friday, April 20, 2012

Using old clothes to make new clothes

Why do I find it so fun to repurpose old clothing?  To repurpose old anything??  There's just something about turning an old, unused object into something new.  I like the challenge.

I've had this old shirt my mom passed on to me for quite some time.  I did wear it once... but other than that it's been sitting in the back of my closet collecting dust.  It was time I did something with it.

IMG_5314

I knew at once I wanted to make another top knot baby hat.  And with the rest of it?  I had been thinking about a baby skirt to match it, and then Dana over at MADE came out with just the tutorial.  The little baby circle skirt.  So so easy!  My kind of project.

IMG_5444

Another gift, ready to give to some lucky person having a baby girl :)  Maybe someday I'll be able to make one to keep myself!  Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw this tutorial the other day and knew I needed to make some too. I am going to make some of these for sure. So much fun. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...